VTG ATLAS WETHERILL'S PAINT TIN SIGN 19X30 DOUBLE SIDED ADVERTISIN 1940'S philly Some info on compay. In 1807, John Wetherill and Samuel Budd established a paint factory and wholesale spice, drug and chemical business on the banks of the Delaware River in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When John Wetherill retired in 1816, his nephew George D.
Wetherill (who later helped found the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy in 1821) continued the business under his own name. By the 1880s, George D.Wetherill & Company was acquired by the Grow Chemical Corporation.